Gloucester Township Elementary School
Welcome to the Staff’s Web Page and the 2019-2020 school year. We are looking forward to another super year at GTES! We have many exciting and educational activities planned to ensure success and help students reach our school’s mission statement of:
Outstanding Citizenship & Academic Achievement!
Gloucester Township Elementary School continues to innovate and upgrade our facilities & curriculum. Cutting edge programs and experiences for 2018-19 include:
1) The new Wit & Wisdom Literacy Program in Grades 4 & 5
2) The new Zaner Bloser Super Kids Literacy Program for Grades K & 1
3) Platooning and Teacher Specialization in Grades 4 & 5
4) New Technology Center for Computer Science & Digital Literacy
5) New Fine Arts Center for Art & Music
6) New Resource Room for classified learners and the Special Education Dept.
7) New Speech & Guidance Office
8) New expanded room for IMPACT-Gifted & Talented Program
9) Air Conditioning added to Room 21, CST Office, Reading Room, & Resource Rom
10) WiFi Access Points throughout the building
11) New Emergency Strobe Lights System to send alert during security situations
The staff at Gloucester Township Elementary School continues to be outstanding, certified, and 100% Highly Qualified. The staff at GTES boasts a District Apple Award winner, a district instructional coach, an American Legion Teacher of the Year, a Phila. Area Teacher As Hero Regional Award, a National Board Certified teacher, the 2014 Camden County/ District Teacher of the Year, and numerous other staff who are recognized throughout the district for giving demo lessons, staff workshops, and being sited for outstanding projects.
Our extra-curricular program includes: Safety Patrol (Gr. 5); SNAP (Students Needing Academic Progress); Enrichment Club program (The GTES Dance Team, Runners Club, & Art Club); instrumental music for our 5th graders joins Recorder Club, and Gr. 3,4,5 soloists can perform at our Spring Talent Show at Curriculum Festival in April. Finally, our Americanism Program continues to be the top elementary school patriotic observance in the nation receiving two national awards (2008 Freedoms Foundation Honor Medal & 2010 AMVETS Silver Helmet Award)!
Gloucester Township Elementary School is an outstanding learning environment for all our students. Our family-oriented setting and small school concept provides elementary-aged students with the perfect atmosphere to learn & grow! We hope we have many opportunities to work together. Our staff is always available to help you and your family in any way possible.
Yours for academic achievement & social/emotional
The Staff of Gloucester Twp. Elementary School